A Silent Killer for Implementation in IVF: Chronic Endometritis

Discussie in 'Vruchtbaarheidsbehandelingen' gestart door RachelZhu, 15 mei 2022.

Topicstatus:
Niet open voor verdere reacties.
  1. RachelZhu

RachelZhu Lid

11 apr 2022
    Vrouw
    Den Bosch
    Hi ladies,

If you also diagnosed with " unexplained infertility " maybe you should pay attention to this post!!!!!

If you have ever diagnosed with chronic endometritis or endometriosis and have experience with hysteroscopy, I need your advice. Because my question is:

Does anyone know a private clinic that can do hysteroscopy? If you know any, please let me know. I really appreciate your help!

Here's my story why I want to do this in private clinic:

Like described in my previous post, I was diagnosed with "unexplained" infertility, which for me is something I can not easily accept, because I am in deep doubt that I might have endometriosis. After a long discussion with my doctor, she finally agrees to do a laparoscopy on me to confirm this.

However, I checked a lot of literatures online, and I find patient with endometriosis often also have inflammation conditions going on in their uterus and pelvic areas. A common and often ignored reason is chronic endometritis. This combination has so far been the reason for many women who experienced implantation failure in IVF. To screen out the possibility of endometritis, the golden standard is "hysteroscopy" which is really not a too complicated procedure that can be even done in doctor's office.

Eventually, the embryo will implant in your uterus, not outside. So what's the point of only drilling three wholes on my belly to do laparoscopy but leave the more in-depth checkups in uterus the "hysteroscopy" alone? To be honest, in many countries, when conducting laparoscopy for endometriosis diagnoses, the usual practice is to combine it with "hysteroscopy".

However, my doctor declined my request for "hysteroscopy", saying it is not necessary. But I really trust my feeling about my own body, I think a "hysteroscopy" is the key to solve the mystery of my own "unexplained infertility". Therefore, here comes to my question I post above: "Does anyone know a private clinic that can do hysteroscopy?" At this point, I really don't care of paying it through my own pocket. I just need this to be done to make sure I have everything possible checked before I'm throwing into the bucket of "unexplained infertility" and treated with iUi or IVF regardlessly.

So if you had or have similar struggle and knows any good hospitals or clinics that can do "hysteroscopy" , please let me know. I really appreciate your help from the button of my heart. Thank you!

2. Newbie123

Newbie123 Fanatiek lid

7 jul 2021
    Vrouw
    Maybe you can have a look here. This is a private clinic in Belgium. Dr segaert works together with life expert center in Leuven. The hysteroscopy happens there but she does it herself and discus it with you afterwords.
    https://www.drsegaert.be/

3. RachelZhu

RachelZhu Lid

11 apr 2022
    Vrouw
    Den Bosch
    Thank you very much! This is very helpful. I will look into this!

Newbie123 vindt dit leuk.
  4. vlinderCN

vlinderCN Fanatiek lid

21 mei 2018
    Vrouw
    They always do a hysteroscopy in UZ Gent when you go there.

5. RachelZhu

RachelZhu Lid

11 apr 2022
    Vrouw
    Den Bosch
    Thank you very much, that's really relief to know they will be more comprehensive exams there.

vlinderCN vindt dit leuk.

Deel Deze Pagina